This course is designed for:
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Planners
- Tax Preparers who have experience preparing and filing federal tax returns.
|Wolters Kluwer Tax Guide||$40|
- A hard copy of the 700+ page National Income Tax Workbook prepared by the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation especially for the income tax schools held in Ohio and 27 other states for over 30,000 tax professionals
- The ability to download the National Income Tax Workbook to your computer
- A searchable CD containing the 2006 to 2017 workbooks
- Continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Two-hour Ethics webinar for two additional hours of CE credit
- Ability to order the 2017 RIA Federal Tax Handbook for $35 (a savings of more than $60.00)
How to Register:
Registration will open by September 1, 2018.
New in 2018:
- New location - Der Dutchman Restaurant, Plain City (this replaces the former Waldo location)
Two-Day Registration Discounts:
Employers sending five or more employees to our two-day tax schools are eligible for a group discount. Contact Julie Strawser for details.
- Send 5+ from the same company and receive 5% off
- Send 10+ from the same company and receive 10% off
- Send 15+ from the same company and receive 15% off
- Sending more than 20 attendees from your company? Contact us for pricing.
Registration Deadline: Registration must be postmarked or e-mailed by midnight on the registration deadline (two weeks prior) for the selected school. There is a $50.00 additional fee for late registrations.
Register One of Two Ways:
- On-line beginning in early September (credit card only)
- Mail registration form with check or money order made payable to OSU Extension
Attend One Day Only: If your schedule only allows you to attend one day, you can choose to attend either day at a reduced rate. You will still receive CE credits for the completed hours, the National Income Tax Workbook, the free Ethics webinar and the option to purchase the RIA Federal Tax Handbook. For security reasons, fax, mail, and phone registrations with credit card information cannot be accepted.
RIA Handbook: The 2018 RIA Federal Tax Handbook can be ordered for an additional cost of $35 (over a $60 savings) and will be shipped directly to you. If you use a PO Box for receiving mail, you must also provide us with a street address if ordering the RIA handbook. Books can ONLY be shipped to a physical address which will need to be provided on your registration form.
Ethics Webinars: Melinda Garvin, EA, RTRP, will present two webinars on ETHICS on Wednesday, December 13, at 1:00 p.m. and Friday, December 15, at 10:00 a.m. Approved by the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility and the Accountancy Board of Ohio for two hours of CE credit. Open at no extra charge to those enrolled in the one- or two-day tax schools. (NOTE: there will be no Ethics presentation during tax schools).
*Cancellations/Changes/Location Transfers: Registrations may be canceled for a full refund until midnight on the registration deadline for the school you registered. After that date, a service fee of $50 will be assessed. Fees will not be refunded after the beginning of the school for which you are registered. The Ohio State University is not responsible for costs incurred due to your cancellation. Location transfers must be requested at least five business days prior to the course you originally registered as well as the one you wish to transfer to. If a course is canceled by The Ohio State University, you will receive a full refund.
**Should you have to change your location, or split schools to attend both days at different locations, a $25 change fee will be charged.
Recorders: Recording at tax schools is not permitted.
Special Accommodations: The Ohio State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs. Those with special needs are requested to make their requirements known to us at least two weeks prior to the course so these can be addressed. Special dietary or access needs can be noted on the registration form.
Note: All requests for change/refunds/location transfers must be made in writing to:
34 Ag Admin Building
2120 Fyffe Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210
No phone requests will be honored.
Continuing Education Credit (some requests pending)
Participants attending all sessions of the two-day schools will qualify for the following continuing education credits:
Accountancy Board of Ohio (16 hours)
Office of Professional Responsibility (16 hours)
CFP Board of Standards, Inc. (16 hours)
Continuing Legal Education, Ohio Supreme Court (13.5 hours)
Participants completing the two-hour Ethics webinar will qualify for the following continuing education credits:
Accountancy Board of Ohio (2 hours)
Office of Professional Responsibility (2 hours)
ATTENDANCE will be taken several times during the schools and webinars. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to those who complete.