Ohio Agritourism Conference
If you're thinking about adding or expanding agritourism activities on your farm operation, consider joining us as we learn more about what makes a successful agritourism operation. We'll will visit two popular agritourism operations in southwest Ohio-- Blooms & Berries Farm Market and The Marmalade Lily -- with touring and talks planned at both locations.
Here's the full agenda for the day:
9 a.m. – Registration at Blooms & Berries.
- Blooms & Berries, an Inside Look. Jeff and Emily Probst - Owners. Meet the team and take a closer look at how we serve about 100,000 guests a year by staying authentically true to our brand and our team!
Morning breakout sessions, featuring Blooms and Berries Farm Market personnel:
- Love Your Staff. Erica Clayton - Retail and Events Personnel Manager. Learn how Blooms & Berries uses culture to create buy-in and develop an amazing guest experience while easing the burnout.
- Ag and Operations Show and Tell. Ben Autry - Ag Production Manager and Derek Rice - Operations Manager. This Q&A session explores the equipment barn, workshop and organizational systems, and specialized equipment.
- The Market Barn - Shopping is an Attraction Too! Emily Probst - Owner. Emily shares top sellers and guest favorites!
- The Pie Dough $. Marie Graves - head baker and Cathy Probst - Owner. Hear how the team makes and sells 5,000 pies from scratch each year, plus cookies and much more.
Noon – Lunch at The Marmalade Lily Event Venue and Floral Farm, with an operation overview from owner Laura Fisher.
Afternoon general session
- Pouring a New Revenue Stream for Your Operation: Adding Alcohol to Agritourism – Peggy Hall, OSU Agricultural & Resource Law Program and Jeff Probst, Blooms & Berries Farm Market
- Pre-sale Ticketing Trends – Shadi Hayek, Ticket Spice
- Minding Your P’s and Q’s – Trademark/Copyright Concerns in Marketing Your Business – Hannah Scott, CFAES Center for Cooperatives
- Employee Hiring, Training, and Empowerment: People Make Your Business – Rob Leeds, OSU Extension Delaware County
- Ask Us Anything – Ask that burning question of our experts and your peers
Registration for the conference is $50 and is now open at: https: go.osu.edu/agritourism.