Farmland Leasing Workshop
This three hour workshop will include topics of interest to both landowners and farm operators, such as factors affecting leasing options and rental rates, analyzing rent survey data and legal requirements and provisions for farm leases. The speakers will help attendees consider how to use data in negotiations and to apply legal information to leasing practices.
Workshop presenters include Barry Ward, Assistant Professor, OSU Extension and Leader, Production Business Management and Peggy Hall, Assistant Professor, OSU Extension and Director of OSU's Agricultural & Resource Law Program.
Topics included in the workshop are:
- Factors affecting leasing options and rates
- Evaluating cash rent survey data
- Farmland leasing options: fixed and flexible cash leases
- Creating a legally enforceable lease
- Legal provisions in farmland leases
- Analyzing good and bad leasing practices
February 3, 2016, 1:00 pm—4:00 pm
Location: Kent State University Tuscarawas, New Philadelphia, Science and Advanced Technology Center
Questions: Contact Chris Zoller at 330-339-2337 or Emily Adams at 740-622-2265