Farm Transition Workshop Series
This four-part series on Estate Planning and Farm Transitioning will help farm families plan for the future. The workshops will take place once per month from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- November 14, 2019
- December 18, 2019
- January 16, 2020
- February 6, 2020
Topics will include:
- Week One: General overview of classes, presentations by a financial planner, funeral director, insurance representative, and family consumer sciences educator.
- Week Two: David Marrison from OSU Extension will join us to discuss the challenges of farm transition planning, strategies for moving forward, and how to get your goals and affairs in order.
- Week Three: Attorneys Peggy Kirk Hall of OSU and Robert Moore of Wright & Moore Law Co. will explain trusts, non- probate transfers and other legal tools that address general, family-related, and farm-related planning goals.
- Week Four: Attorneys Hall and Moore return to discuss the role of business entities in transition planning and strategies for transferring machinery, livestock and management to the next generation.
Please note...Dinner will NOT be provided for these sessions, but snacks and refreshments will be available.
Cost if registering prior to November 1:
- $25.00 for first family member
- $10.00 for additional family members
Cost if registering after November 1:
- $50.00 for first family member
- $20.00 for additional family members
*fees cover cost of supplies for all 4 meetings
You may register by contacting Barbie Rowe at the Adams County office. Please call 937-544-2339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact one of these Extension educators in your area:
David Dugan Adams County 937-544-2339
Will Hamman Pike County 740-289-2337
James Morris Brown County 937-378-6716