Our upcoming webinar series on Solar Development in Ohio
Do you want to learn more about Ohio solar energy development? If so, consider dropping in on our upcoming webinar series, where my colleague Eric Romich and I will discuss trends, procedures, and legal issues in Ohio solar development. The five-part webinar series covers solar development from start to finish and will take place May 23, 24, 25, 30, and 31 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. The series includes the following sessions:
May 23: Solar Development Overview and Trends
- Ohio solar development, industry and technology trends, dual use of land for solar energy and agriculture, community and regulatory issues.
May 24: Leasing Land for Solar Development
- Pre-leasing considerations, solar lease phases, common legal terms, and best management practices for leasing.
May 25: Connecting to the Electric Grid
- Overview of the electric utility system, regulatory jurisdiction, and interconnection procedures and timelines.
May 30: Solar Project Approval in Ohio
- Solar project application procedures, state oversight, and new laws allowing county and township oversight of solar development.
May 31: Construction and Post-Construction
- The construction process, common issues, regulatory oversight, and decommissioning a project in the future
Registration and additional information about the free Zoom webinar series is available at go.osu.edu/solarwebinars. Those unable to attend can view webinar recordings on the Farm Office energy law library at https://farmoffice.osu.edu/our-library/energy-law.