Agritourism webinar presents opportunities, trends, and legal issues for agritourism
It wasn’t that long ago that “agritourism” was an unfamiliar term to in the agricultural community. But agritourism has been on the rise in the U.S. and agritourism income tripled between 2002 and 2017. Many farmers and ranchers are now familiar with the economic benefits agritourism presents. Along with the agritourism industry’s continued growth and prospects, however, has been an evolution of laws and legal issues.
Join me with OSU Extension Educators Eric Barrett and Rob Leeds on August 19, 2020 for a free webinar on "The Evolution of Agritourism: Current Legal Issues and Future Trends," hosted by the National Agricultural Law Center. We’ll examine opportunities in agritourism today and the legal challenges agritourism faces from COVID-19 and other anticipated legal issues. Here's what we'll cover:
- What’s new and hot: agritourism marketing trends and opportunities
- In the courts: litigation against agritourism operations
- COVID-19: legal issues for agritourism
- What may come: anticipated legal challenges for the future
- How to deal with it: thoughts on managing agritourism legal risk
Additional information and a registration link for the webinar are available at https://nationalaglawcenter.org/webinars/agritourism2020/. If you can't make the live webinar, visit the same page later for a recorded version.
Tags: agritourism, webinars